Casa Cultural de las Americas, Houston, TX (CCA) announces it’s Continental Poetry Competition: "Poetic Bridges." The organizing committee invites university students in the American Continent to participate in this great literary event.
• To promote creative talent in poetry in the university community in the American Continent.
• Encourage literary approach in different languages (English and Spanish) in institutions of higher education.
1. Students enrolled in universities in the American Continent may participate. Such students must be enrolled and attending one of their academic years, regardless of nationality, race, religion or disability.
2. Students must be at least 18 years old at the time of the participation.
3. Students must submit a letter of support from a professor/teacher from the university where the student is enrolled, stating the school where the student is enrolled, the year the participant is attending the school, and a
brief explanation of support for the student.
4. Unpublished works in English and Spanish will be accepted. Papers previously published or that have participated in other national or international competitions will not be accepted.
5. About the works:
• In English or Spanish.
• Free theme
• Length: between 15 and 20 poems - double spaced
• The works must be sent by e-mail in an attached document, Word format, Times New Roman at 12 pt font and paginated, to the electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line should read as follows: Subject: POETRY CONTEST, AC,CCA / NAME OF PARTICIPANT.
• In the body of the message and on the first page of the collection, the author's information must be included: first and last names (no use of pseudonyms), date of birth, name of your university, year of study and specialty or major, name of author’s professor/ teacher with address and telephone number, and address and telephone number of the author.
6. Deadline for submission of papers: As indicated.
7. The jury will be composed of renowned poets and academics residing in the U.S., who will notify the selected participants by telephone and/or electronic mail.
8. The recognition will consist of the two winners to participate in the International Literature Festival, Houston, with the following expenses paid: transportation, lodging, food, and the publication of a compilation of the winners’ poetic works.
9. The author of the award-winning work authorizes Casa Cultural de las Americas to make use of and publish in any medium the winning works, mentioning the author and the prize, without any economic consideration.
10. The authors will not lose the rights to their works, being able to publish them where and when they wish, the awardees being committed to specify that the works have been awarded in the present contest.
11. The participation in the contest indicates the acceptance of these guidelines.
2. Any contingency not specified in the present bases, will be resolved between the organization and jury.